.Supporting African & Caribbean Entrepreneurs in the Greater Philadelphia Area and Networking with African and Caribbean Diaspora around the World
The African & Caribbean Business Council (ACBC) of the greater Philadelphia, a Pennsylvania 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Corporation headquartered in Philadelphia, was founded in 2006 with the goal of promoting, preserving, and projecting the business interests of African and Caribbean entrepreneurs in the Greater Philadelphia area and Networking with businesses and Chambers of Commerce in African and Caribbean countries.
The Council Seeks To Do This By:
- Promoting trade and investments
- Ensuring protection of the business interests of its members
- Formulating and propagating policies and viewpoints of African and Caribbean entrepreneurs on business issues that affect them
- Influencing the environment in which African and Caribbean entrepreneurs can operate and compete effectively and efficiently
- Acting as a conduit for information on emerging markets in the countries of Africa and the Caribbean as well as vital information on local and US markets
- Providing assistance to African and Caribbean entrepreneurs to nurture their businesses and play a leading role in the development of their communities
- Promoting the private enterprise system and market-oriented approach with equal opportunities for all
- Bridging the cultural divide between member countries and the larger community through education and mutual tolerance
- Engaging the city, state, and federal governments through partnership and advocacy to make available necessary infrastructures for the development and maintenance of viable African and Caribbean communities.
The council is located at: The Enterprise Center, 4548 Market Street, Philadelphia PA 19139