Appointments: Subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, the President shall designate such standing committees and appoint chairpersons of such committees. The following Committees are currently recognized;
1. Membership Committee
2. Economic Empowerment Committee
3. International Business Development Committee
4. Marketing Committee
5. Project Committee
6. Finance Committee
7. Credit Union Committee
Tenure: Committees shall serve only for the specific term for which the President is elected and until their successors are appointed; or for such term as the Board shall determine.
Duties: The duties of the Committees, and the rules and regulations governing their operations, are prescribed by the Board of Directors. Some of the duties of the Committees are as follows;
• Comprises of the First Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Financial Secretary and 3 others members.
• Primarily responsible for the recruitment of ACBC members and providing membership services.
• Promotion of ACBC agenda
• Works closely with the Programs Committee in the coordination and promotion of all ACBC programs
• Be responsible to implement all ACBC programs including assisting with fundraising for each program
International Business Development Committee:
• Develop programs for Trade missions, Trade shows and workshops.
• Assist Program Chair in organizing Award Dinner
• Recruit international and local partners
• Plan and organize Trade and Investment forums
Economic Empowerment Committee:
• Identifies and develop strategies for raising funds for the organization
• Prepare letters and proposals
• Sends and manages fundraising letters
• Be the nerve center for economic development agenda for ACBC and the central organ for fundraising
Credit Union Committee:
• Responsible for establishing the Credit Union
• Develop and implement the proposed ACBC federal credit union.
• Develop the proposed federal credit union’s business plan.
• Plan and direct the conducting, receipt and analysis of petitions signatures, potential interest member survey and commitment letters needed to develop and prepare the proposed federal credit union’s pro forma financial statements.
• Direct the preparation of the proposed federal credit union’s pro forma financial statements.
• Prepare and submit all relevant National Credit Union Association (NCUA) forms for the proposed federal credit union’s application and charter.
• Serve as the primary contact with NCUA on the proposed federal credit union’s application and charter.
• Direct the administration and operation of the credit union upon charter.
• Responsible for managing all construction, energy, environmental, social and educational projects within ACBC.
• Write project proposals that will attract these projects for the benefit of ACBC and its members
• Liaison and partnership with other organizations
• Coordinate ACBC Peer Group
• Be responsible for planning and organizing all ACBC Programs
• Recommendation of annual ACBC Programs
• Prepares budgets for all programs
• Works closely with Marketing Committee to coordinate all ACBC programs
• Serve as advisor to Marketing Committee
• Provides input with respect to:
o ACBC communication material
o ACBC marketing material, flayers, banners, posters, brochures, press releases
o Work closely with first Vice president to develop ACBC Caribbean strategy